FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL INSTRUCTIONS
- Depending on which FTP program you are using, the dialog boxes and steps may be slightly different.
- PLEASE NOTE: Empire's FTP site and website are different addresses.
- Files can be transferred to Empire's FTP site with a Mac or PC, using almost any FTP software. It is best to use FTP software, not an internet browser like Internet Explorer. Files can be sent, "from customer to Empire," and, "from Empire to customer."
- If you do not have an FTP client, you can download one for FREE. If you have Windows, try Core FTP Lite. Another option is FileZilla, which you can use on all platforms.
- Install on computer. A shortcut can be added to the desktop if desired.
- Launch the free FTP and fill in boxes as shown below (may look slightly different depending on the FTP client you choose).
- Type in Host or FTP URL: empire-screenprinting.com
- Type in USER ID: _________ (provided by Empire)
- Type in PASSWORD: (provided by Empire)
- To upload to FTP, drag file from your desktop to the, "file folders will be listed here," window.
- To download from Empire to your company, double click on file in the, "File folders will be listed here," window
The following software downloads are available for free, and are from very reliable sources.
They include the latest version of Adobe PDF Reader from the Adobe website as well as the latest free version of Core FTP (for Microsoft Windows users) for uploading files to Empire via File Transfer Protocol (FTP). We are also providing you with a link to Cute PDF Writer (for Windows), a free software that will enable you to write a pdf file from any document that can be printed.
We are also providing you with a link to an extremely well-received anti-virus software that is free to use called AVG. It has had very strong reviews and you can't beat the price.
- Download Adobe PDF Reader
- Download Core FTP LE
- Download Cute PDF Writer
- AVG Anti-Virus Software
- Download Adobe Flash Player
Empire provides this information and links to external sites in good faith and without claiming responsiblity for content. You will be redirected to an outside site, at which time you are responsible for any unexpected or unanticipated outcomes.